Hi, friends! This is for encouragement and FUN! In no way do I claim to have improved on these timeless sayings, only to have paid homage and (in some cases) made them stickier in my mind for retention. Enjoy, and if you have any friends who like quotes or rhyme, please SHARE.
Comment with great ones I've missed below, and I just might reply with a rhyme!
1. They'll forget what you say and forget what you do,
But they'll never forget how they felt around you.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
2. Alone I can't change the whole world, but instead,
A stone that I cast will make ripples that spread.
"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples" -Mother Teresa
3. See what you have got, and you'll always get more.
See what you have not, and get less than before.
"If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."
4. If you don't take charge of the path that you tread,
Your destiny's left to another instead.
"Control your own destiny or someone else will."
5. You may think that you can, you may think you cannot.
But whichever it is, you're correct in your thought.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
6. The concept "impossible" must be absurd-
"I'm possible" shows up inside of the word!
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
7. All wants that you've ever desired to appear,
are waiting, just there, on the far side of fear.
"Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear."
8. The most noteworthy days of all days that pass by,
are the day that you're born and the day you learn why.
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."
9. If there's anything worse than your eyes being blind,
it's having your sight, but no vision in mind.
The only thing worse than being blind, is having sight but no vision.
10. To bring your opponents to suitable ends,
Destroy them- by making your enemies friends.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
11. The best and most beautiful, life can impart,
Can't be seen or be touched-only felt with the heart.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
12. When you find a place where there's joy deep inside,
It burns up the pain 'til it's withered and died.
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn up the pain."
13. The only requirement for evil to win,
is good men who don't do a thing to pitch in.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
14. To handle yourself, you rely on your head.
For handling others, use your heart instead.
"To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart."
15. The way people give up their power for naught,
Is thinking they don't have the power they've got.
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
16. Don't measure each day by the harvest you reap,
But by seeds that you plant before going to sleep.
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
-Robert Louis Stevenson
17. In moments when we're in the darkest of night,
We really must focus to locate the light.
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
18. I can't change the way the wind's going to blow,
But adjusting my sails takes me where I'm to go.
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
19. Don't focus too much on bad luck that occurs.
It may well have saved you from something much worse.
"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."